February 17th, 2013 cmcurr11

Today is the 14th Annual Holy Cross Ballroom Dance Competition. I’m so excited to see how the event has grown since I first participated in it back in 2008. By the end of my time at Holy Cross in 2011, we had over 30 universities represented, despite the snow fall on the morning of the comp. The Ballroom dance team has really taken off at Holy Cross in the past three years or so, and it’s just wonderful to see the club/team grow. I myself just returned from Regionals yesterday, where I came 10th in the Latin three dance. Photos and such will be posted soon.

But, more importantly – do you all remember when I went to San Diego in my senior year to discuss the need for an honors society for interdisciplinary major students? I am beyond excited to say that such an honors society has been founded (Alpha Iota Sigma), and that Holy Cross now has a chapter. The first inductees will be sworn in on April 25th. This particular project was one that was very close to my heart, and I’m so happy that it’s finally come to fruition. To the first members of AIS at Holy Cross – congratulations!