Blog-versary!

September 3rd, 2011 cmcurr11

On September 3rd, 2007, I published my first post on this blog. In my first post, I had no idea what I was doing, so I just talked about Orientation activities and my classes. Let’s take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

Since then, I’ve made friends, acclimated to college life, and made Holy Cross my home. Of course, I still get lost every so often, and I definitely still have questions about the place (for instance, why is Mamie Reilly one of our fight songs? Dean Freeman doesn’t even know!). However, despite my bad sense of direction and some general questions, I know I’ve made the right decision for college.

Since that first post, a lot of things have changed, even with the blog itself. We’re now running on a .me platform, which allows users to post comments. The layout has changed a bit, too. And, of course, I’m no longer that frightened little freshman who got lost in Stein.

Most importantly, thank you to all of you, my readers. When I accepted this position, this blog was only supposed to be around for a year. Four years and a graduation later, I’m still here due to how you all have responded to my posts. I’ve met so many Crusaders who read my blog on the Hill, and it always means so much to me when I hear back from my readers. So, thank you to you all, and I can’t wait to show you what life off the Hill for this Crusader will be like.

And, no, I still don’t know why Maime Reilly is one of our fight songs.

2 Responses to “Blog-versary!”

1. Jen says:

I’ve been following your blog a lot after I was accepted to HC my senior year since you seem to be the most active blogger of them all haha. They’re interesting to read 🙂 I’m a freshman now at Holy Cross and it’s a shame that when I’m entering, you’re leaving. I would’ve so went up to you and been like “Hey! I read your HC blogs!” Anyways, good luck at Oxford!

2. cmcurr11 says:

Aw, thanks so much, Jen! It’s always great to hear back from readers. Good luck during your freshman year! Hopefully I’ll be back to visit campus often. – Colleen