The All Encompassing Thesis Project

December 13th, 2010 cmcurr11

I have decided to rename my thesis “The Culmination of My Four Years at Holy Cross.” I am not kidding when I say that nearly every class I am taking this semester (well, maybe that should be in the past tense. I’m still reluctant to admit that I have only one semester left) has popped up in this thesis. For instance, my Christology course introduced me to Karl Rahner, who is now factoring heavily in the third chapter of my thesis. For my last Apocalypticism class, we had to read several articles by Mertz, who basically works eschatology within contemporary Catholicism, which is a major theme of my last chapter as well. Then there are all the other classes taken in previous years that served as a foundation somewhere along the way… This is really what a thesis should be like, though. I’m glad that I have a project upon which I’ll be able to look back in ten years and realize the value and breadth of my education at Holy Cross. Unfortunately, I have about one hundred more pages to write until I can arrive at that point.