One Month

July 2nd, 2010 cmcurr11

In exactly one month, I will be on my return flight to America (yes, I have caught on that the only reason why my sister is coming to “visit” me is to drag me onto that plane). It still really hasn’t hit me. I have it in my mind that I’ll wake up every morning and go off to the Radcliffe Camera or that I’ll hop into London to go visit the British Museum (which, by the way, was the best four hours of my life!) or another site. All good things must come to an end, though.

So how am I spending my last month of my year abroad? Right now, I’m spending my this week studying and dancing. My last competition with Rubies is on Sunday. Unfortunately, though, I have to learn how to lead the ballroom dances in about…a day. Excellent! As long as I survive one round, I think I’ll be okay. We’ll see how it all goes. I am trying to plan a trip to Exeter Cathedral, but the trains aren’t cooperating with me. On July 12th, though, my sister arrives, and we’re going to spend a week in Europe and a couple of days in Ireland. Within that time frame, I’ll still be studying and dancing whenever I have a spare moment in Oxford, but I think I’ll be focusing more on spending my last couple of days with my friends. It’s all coming to a quick end, but it’s actually quite perfect. Most of my British friends are going on holiday the week that I’m leaving, so we all have to say goodbye anyway. However, I don’t want to think about August 2nd at 1:20 p.m.; I really just want to focus on studying, traveling, and dancing (my goodness, my life is awful) in the time that I have left in jolly old England.