Everyone’s Leaving On A Jet Plane

June 19th, 2010 cmcurr11

For those of you who don’t know, I’m staying in Oxford until the beginning of August. I decided (read: begged my parents) to stay so that I could get a jump start on researching my senior thesis. It’s going to be a tough transition, since after I leave England in the beginning of August, I have a week at home and then I’m back in Massachusetts to start my senior year. I’m also not going home for Thanksgiving (I’m dancing in England instead), so the next time that I’ll be in Georgia for a prolonged period of time is Christmas Break. Wow.
Anyway, the JYAs have started leaving (one girl on my floor actually left about two weeks ago). Iain left yesterday, and a majority of the other students are leaving early Monday and Tuesday mornings. It’s kind of weird to think that they’ll all be home in a couple of days and I’ll still be here. I’m not complaining – please don’t misunderstand me (especially you, Mom and Dad. I’m not coming home for a while!). I’d be lying, though, if I said that there were times that I wish I was going home within the next couple of days. It’d be fantastic to not have a dishwasher or to not worry about an exchange rate. Yes, I do miss my family and my sugary American breakfast cereals. I miss driving my car and being able to be at destination A in five minutes. Most importantly, I miss my mom’s cooking (see, Mom! I do love you!). Although I miss the comforts of home, I’m excited to stay here for another two months. I’m quite glad now that I took on all of those shifts at Kimball! It’s going to be a different experience in Oxford without the JYAs. Most of my dance friends will be here during the summer, but it will be weird without my American friends. I’m excited for the upcoming summer, though. It’s going to be filled with research for my thesis, trips throughout the United Kingdom and Europe, and dancing. Of course, that means that I’ll be existing on pasta. Mom, maybe you could come over here…?