March 8, 2009

March 8th, 2009 admin

Last Sunday, I couldn’t tell if I was in Georgia or if I was back in Worcester. Believe it or not, it actually snowed in Georgia. By “snow,” I mean that 2-3 inches blanketed Atlanta. However, people reacted like it was a blizzard. Very few people were on the roads; those who were driving were probably headed to a grocery store to stock up on milk and bread. AirTran and Delta cancelled a number of flights, and school was cancelled on Monday. My parents and I just laughed at the spectacle. Oddly enough, it was 60 degrees and sunny on Saturday, the day that I left. Welcome to Georgia weather!

I spent my spring break relaxing, test driving cars, and filling out forms. The car that my sister and I used to drive was pretty decrepit, so my parents invested in a used (but practically new) car for us. I had some fun driving around in my new Jeep Liberty! My mom also finally traded in her ’98 Ford Expedition that had over 188,000 miles on it. Can you tell that my family likes to run cars into the ground? Also, all of my Study Abroad files were filed out by various doctors and the like. That’s one less thing to worry about! Oh, yes, as for the relaxing…well, let’s say that I established some new records on the Wii.

Frighteningly enough, I have exactly two months left in the semester. I’m quite torn. I want the next two months to go by quickly because of the amount of work that I have to do (even though I do enjoy my class work, eight straight weeks of work is not exactly ideal!). However, I don’t want the next two months to go by quickly because this is my last semester here until Senior year. Can I just have a week at school with all of my friends and no work? Hah! Dare to dream…