November 23, 2008

November 23rd, 2008 admin

I am going to accept the blame for Holy Cross’ loss on Saturday. I went up to Colgate to watch the Patriot League Championship Football game. I didn’t watch the first half; instead, I was hanging out with my sister, Caitie, who is a junior at Colgate. The Crusaders were winning in the first half. We turned on the game after half-time, and that was when the Crusaders began to lose. I now have more proof that I am just a jinx for my favorite sports teams. Don’t worry, Crusaders; I’ll probably be abroad next year, so you won’t have to worry about me jinxing your PLC opportunities. Even though the Crusaders lost, I had  a lot of fun hanging out with Caitie in Hamilton, NY. By hanging out, I mean ordering Tollhouse Cookie Pie from the Colgate Inn.

In twenty-four hours, my research paper for Jesus and His Contemporaries is due. I’m writing on how the human perception of God changed from ancient Judaism to Hellenistic Judaism. This paper has consumed my life for the past week or so, so I’ll be so happy when I turn it in. Of course, after I turn it in, I will have only two more classes until Thanksgiving break. 

One interesting note: One of my books for this paper was a part of Fr. Brooks’ collection. I can’t possibly receive a bad grade on this with Fr. Brooks behind me, right? Okay, so an A will take a little more work than utilizing a previous college president’s book.

100_3247
Fr. brooks