September 29, 2008

September 29th, 2008 admin

I feel like I woke up on September 17th and went to bed on September 28th. I literally have not stopped moving since my last post, which explains my lack of entries for the past week and a half. I had a Medieval Literature paper due last Friday and a midterm in Jesus and His Contemporaries this morning. In addition to all of my classwork, I’ve been extremely busy between Kimball, and Liturgical ministry. I’m still working on my College Honors application in addition to a couple of scholarships here and there.  It’s not that the workload is unbearable here, but you definitely have to make decisions about what takes precedence. Unfortunately, I don’t think Professor Juilfs would’ve accepted my blog as an excuse for a late paper!

Classes are continuing to go well and still as much fun, even if I have a lot of work. Like I’ve said before, it’s really not even work for me; I just enjoy everything that I’m reading. In Dante, we’re finally delving into the Inferno. Fr. Howard has figured out that if we continue to read twenty pages a day without taking any breaks (“Because Dante didn’t take any breaks writing it!” Fr. Howard once said in class.), we’ll be able to finish the entire Divine Comedy. In Medieval Literature, we’ve finished our Anglo-Saxon era, and we’re now into the Romance era. We just finished The Lais of Marie de France, and we’re now reading , and we’re now reading Yvain.

Last week was Jesuit Heritage week on campus. To celebrate, there was an Amazing Race around campus to find various points of Jesuit importance. This always falls on a day that I have to do something else! Otherwise, I would’ve been all over it. Hopefully I’ll be able to do it in one of my remaining years (okay…that was scary. We’re not going to talk about that anymore!). All the Jesuits were even more prominent than they usually are on campus, and it was just a great week for the entire community to come together and celebrate our unique Jesuit heritage.

I know that I have written about them in a while, but I swear that I still have friends! Everyone in my group is also extremely busy (so it’s not just me), but they’re all doing well. Carrie and I had a repeat of our review sessions right before we handed in our literature papers last week. Last year, we always had a tradition of reading each others’ papers, so I’m glad that we’re continuing that this year! Rooming with Ashley is still going really well. She’s an amazing RA, and the floor loves her (which is always good!).

This past weekend, my parents and sister flew into Boston to celebrate my grandfather’s 80th birthday. Practically all of my dad’s family was there, so it was great to see them all. Because we live in Georgia, it’s difficult to see them all, so I’m not kidding when I say that I haven’t seen some of my aunts and uncles in nearly three years. It was a really fun night for all of us, and it was also nice to be off campus for just a weekend. I definitely love Holy Cross, but I needed to get away from all of my work for a little bit!

In good news, my camera decided to stop being fickle, so now I finally have some pictures for your viewing pleasure! Beware – tt’s an odd assortment.

Until next time, which will definitely be more often, I swear!

100_2990

100_2988

100_2989

100_2985

100_2983

100_2980

100_2980_2

100_2975

100_2974

100_2973

100_2971