August 28, 2008

August 28th, 2008 admin

Well, I am back on the hill! I flew back from London on Sunday, and I was able to spend some time with my family at my uncle’s house. I moved in on Monday, and began Kimball training on Tuesday. I’m pretty much all moved into my room; I still have some organization to do and all that jazz. Ashley is an RA in Wheeler this year, so our room is extremely large. That’s great, but it’s also bad because it’s just an invitation for me to be messy!

Kimball week has been going well. We’ve only had a couple of hours of meetings a day. I’ve missed the smell of the pulper…well, that’s a lie. I have missed the people with whom I work, and it’s been great to see them again. We’re all getting ready for the incoming freshmen. Our first meeting with them is on Sunday, and they’ll begin working soon after that.

Everything is really beginning to get started in the following days. My duties as a Liturgical Coordinator begin on Saturday at the Mass of the Holy Spirit. It’ll be great to be on the other side of the Mass this year. My first tour is on Monday, and it’s for some of the new faculty members. Ballroom practices start back up on Thursday, and we have our first competition in less than a month. It’s kind of scary how quickly things are starting back up.

I’m excited about this semester and everything that’s going to come with it. I’m excited about my housing situation, my amazing classes, my activities, and being back at Holy Cross in general. But, I’m also kind of hesitant about this semester as well. This semester is when I have to apply for Study Abroad, the Washington DC semester, and several internships. It’s going to be a hectic and chaotic year, but I know that it’s all going to be worth it in the end.