March 10, 2008

March 10th, 2008 admin

Hey everyone! Sorry about my lack of entries as of late. I just returned from Spring Break this Saturday. And while 1 in 10 Holy Cross students participated in service trips this Spring Break, I was a baby and went home. It was great to spend a week with my parents and have some of my mom’s cooking. It actually began to snow in Georgia one day! Of course, by snow, I mean there were a couple of flurries. While I was at home, I went to my parents’ ballroom dance lesson. Yes, my parents dance. Yes, I received my father’s approval to post pictures of him dancing on here. 

The work, papers, and tests are all back in full swing. It was nice to have a week off, but now I have so much work to do between now and next Wednesday, which is the start of Easter break. Yesterday, I presented and led a discussion about Kafka’s The Metamorphosis in FYP. Tomorrow, my FYP Intellectual Notebook is due, so I’ve been reviewing all of my entries. FYP is taking over my life at the moment, although that’s not necessarily a bad thing!

Now, for tonight, I am torn on what to do. Dr. Cornel West from Princeton University is speaking; the Women’s basketball team is playing Bucknell, and “Atonement” is playing in the Kimball theater. There are too many events going on tonight!

Before Spring Break, Ashley found out that she was accepted as an RA. We’ll be living in Wheeler Hall next year, and she’ll be in charge of an entire floor of freshmen girls. I have my Kimball Captain interview this Friday, and I just found out that I got through the first round of the Tour Guide process. The next step is a group interview, and hopefully that will go all right!

That’s pretty much all I have for today. Check back either tomorrow or Friday for some more updates!

100_1607 100_1609 100_1611 100_1615