December 14, 2007

December 14th, 2007 admin

Well, my first semester of college is over. I took my last two exams yesterday. It really is a strange feeling. Ashley, Haley, and I were talking about it tonight, and it really doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. I still vividly remember my first day on campus, and the first time that I ever met Haley. We were both somewhat scared, but we had met each other through Facebook over the summer. Right when we met in person, we really clicked. I still remember the first time that I met Ashley. I was trying to study Latin, and she just came up and started talking to me. We’ve been best friends ever since. I just never thought that this semester would ever end.

The weather has been quite entertaining for the entire campus. Yesterday, during lunch, there were flurries. The flurries quickly developed into a strong snow while I walked over to Stein for my Latin final. As I was taking my Latin final, I looked outside and saw that the entire campus was covered in at least six inches of snow. It didn’t stop until around midnight, so that can only mean one thing on a college campus: sledding.

It was a great way to celebrate the end of my first semester at college. As Haley, Ashley, and I all went down Freshman Field hill (and subsequently wiped out quite a bit), I realized that there’s no other college on earth at which I’d rather be. As cliché as it may sound, Holy Cross has provided me the best possible first semester in college. I wholeheartedly enjoyed all of my classes this semester, and I am looking forward to my classes next semester. I’ve made amazing friendships, and I feel right at home here. Well, not right at home. I really do miss my bird.

100_1174 100_1201 100_1159

100_1196 100_1198 100_1176

Let’s recap the semester in a few sentences: I took some amazing classes this semester. Professor Ireland scared the living daylights out of me on the first day, but it all turned out for the best. I met so many different people, and I’ve been able to truly broaden my horizons. And, most importantly, I am a professional Chinese take-out guru.  All in all, this semester has been fantastic, and I’m looking forward to all of my future semesters here on the hill.

Right now, Carrie and I are packing up the room. It’s weird. My side of the room is actually clean. This is quite a phenomenon! It is kind of weird that I won’t wake up every morning and hear Carrie speak in German, or have her look at me as if I’ve gone insane when I start pacing around the room with a book in my hand.

In other news, Early Decision letters are going out, apparently. To all the newly accepted members of the Class of 2012 (that sounds just plain weird), congratulations!

Well, I probably should head off to bed right now. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and I’ll see (virtually, I suppose) you all in the New Year!