November 11, 2007

November 11th, 2007 admin

Hey everyone!

Well, today was just an odd day. I’ve been going to bed rather late recently (anywhere from 2:00-4:00), so I’ve been somewhat sleep deprived. Chai tea can only go so far. I went to bed this morning at 2:30 (whoops…), and I set my alarm for 6:45 for work. I woke up to my dorm phone ringing (it’s quite obnoxious), and I immediately looked at my alarm clock. It was 7:45. My Kimball captain, Erin, was on the phone, and wanted to know if I was all right. I hastily got ready and ran off to Kimball. As I was running out the door, I jammed my phone and my Holy Cross ID into my pocket. I went to sign in for my Kimball shift, and I couldn’t find my phone or my ID. I told myself that maybe I didn’t really take the phone and the ID with me; “Maybe they’re still in the room,” I told myself. After having my friends get me into Hanselman (you can’t get into a dorm hall without swiping your ID), I frantically searched for my phone and ID. Nope. They weren’t in the room. I called Public Safety and asked if anyone had turned anything in, and no one had. I checked my e-mail, and there was one with the subject reading “Lost HC ID/Phone.” Luckily, someone had picked up my ID and phone when he saw them on his way to Kimball. He had them in his room, and at 10:45, I was reunited with my most important collegiate artifacts. Thank you, Matthew Jackson! After that scenario, I went off to Latin class, did some work, had some food, and then completely crashed for two and a half hours. I cannot wait until the next time that I can have a relaxing weekend, sleep in until whenever I want, and just goof off with my friends (well, I do that on a daily basis).

Well, today begins my extremely busy week. I turned in my FYP paper today, so that’s one down, and two more to go. Professor Ireland wasn’t kidding when he said that the week before Thanksgiving is the toughest of the entire semester!