November 1, 2007

November 1st, 2007 admin

Happy Halloween! Well, technically Happy All Saints’ Day, at this point!

Well, because my friends convinced me to watch Saw 2, I am now up at 1:40 in the morning. They told me to just look away, but that movie is like a train wreck – you can’t help but watch it. I absolutely hate horror movies, and I’m really beginning to wonder why I ever decided to watch it. Unfortunately, I have my CRAW: Poetry class at 8:00 in the morning. That’s about six hours from now. Hm.

I cannot believe that yesterday was the last day of October. I’ve been here for over two months now! I had my advising session for next semester’s classes. This just seems to be going way too fast for me. It might be cliché, but it really feels like I was just moving in yesterday!

There are only nineteen days until I go home for Thanksgiving. I absolutely love Holy Cross, but I do miss my parakeet, my dog, and my bed (oh, yes, I miss my parents too!).  Unfortunately, between now and then, I have three papers due all within a day of each other. Oh well – at least I don’t have to do any essays over the break! After those papers are due, I’m going on the Manresa retreat (which is held on Cape Cod!) with my friend, Ashley, so that will be a relaxing weekend. Then I only have two days left of classes before I head back to Alpharetta!

Speaking of papers – I thought that my Latin paper was due this Monday. When Fr. Vodoklys didn’t ask for them during class, I thought it was kind of strange. I convinced myself that my paper must be due on Wednesday. Again, he didn’t collect them today. Instead, he reminded the class that our papers are due November 9th.  Well, I’m not exactly sure how I mistook November 9th for October 29th, but at least I don’t have to worry about finishing that paper anymore!