September 23, 2007

September 23rd, 2007 admin

I cannot believe that it’s been a week since I last updated. I promise that this upcoming week I’ll be far more attentive to the blog! This past week was incredibly busy and hectic; this week is luckily going to be a bit slower for me.

One of the highlights of my week was attending Gen. Brent Scowcraft’s talk entitled “US Diplomacy in a Transforming World.” I really want to get into foreign relations, and his speech really strengthened my desire to enter this field. What was even cooler was that a couple of other students and I were able to talk with Gen. Scowcraft in a student-led panel. We discussed topics ranging from the war in Iraq to relations with Pakistan to the future of Russia. I could probably write five pages on the talk alone, so I’ll spare you all by briefly summing up that it was an incredible experience to have such a personal contact with an expert in foreign relations.

Aside from that, I’ve been finishing homework and preparing for upcoming tests. My first English paper is due this Thursday, so I’ve been spending a lot of time on that. This upcoming week is going to be somewhat busy, but it’ll all be worth it because this upcoming weekend is Parents’ Weekend!

Right now, I’m in the library and I probably should be getting back to my English paper. Good-bye for now!